14 September 2008

From Lord Ambrose D’Arcy’s blog

“Good day my dear fans. I’m just back from holiday and return with splendid news: I’ve decided that I shall go forward with my sequel to “Don Juan Triumphant.”

As I’m sure you know, I and my collaborator, American director Jay Cobbler, have been developing the project at the Paris Opera. While… interesting… the original “Don Juan Triumphant” was a deeply flawed work, and it was obvious to me that it had been written by someone untrained in the nuances of what makes an opera exceptional. Quite trying on the ears, it was just too much, you understand. So I took it upon myself to correct these errors while composing the sequel. I’m satisfied that I’ve corrected the various issues I had with the plotting - although I still have to talk with Jay - but regardless, this is a very exciting day for me.


So, that is all for now. It’s going to be very exciting and I can reveal to you that it will be called, “DJ2: Electric Boogaloo.”

***

This is outrageous! To take my life’s work and twist it in order to make a sequel?! What sort of diseased mind comes up with an idea such as that?

And the music is positively atrocious! Butchering my beautiful work, destroying my legacy…

Had Nadir not been here to restrain me, I surely would have committed some unseemly act upon Lord D'Arcy's person. Possibly involving a barrel of gunpowder and a funnel.

Your Angel of Darkness,
O.G.

No comments: