24 January 2010

Four Months

My dear readers, I suppose you've been wondering why my journal has been devoid of notes these past several months. Well, it is all due to that villain D'Arcy and the lengths he will go to ensure there is no interference in bringing his opera - inspired by MY ORIGINAL WORK - to life this year.

You see, in late September, I decided to journey to the Americas to a place called "Las Vegas" to attend an event called "Phantom Fans Week." The thought of a week-long event centering around my legend piqued my curiosity, so I decided to travel halfway across the globe, entrusting Madame Giry would inform me of anything of importance that may happen in my absence. She even provided me with something called a cell phone since "trans-Atlantic mail correspondence would be too slow," she said. My curiosity got the better of me and I wound up disassembling it halfway through my trip overseas.


It was an intriguing experience seeing so many people who seemed quite interested in my life and story. A curious group of people, these Phantom fans. I had expected people who related to me to be depressed and gloomy pre-teens all dressed in black, but this lot was a rather jolly one Which, as it turns out, is a ruse to make you drop your guard so one of them can sand-bag you in the middle of the night and lock you up in their basement for four months.


It could have been worse, of course. They could have been Twi-hards.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find out exactly what has been going on in my absence…


Your obedient servant,

O.G.

No comments: