27 December 2008

Christmas Dinner

Although the Masquerade Ball is still to come, things have settled down a bit here at the Opera now that Christmas is behind us.

I had a pleasant Christmas dinner with Nadir, Ayesha and the Girys. It was rather brief, however, since people always find it disconcerting to have a meal while I am sitting stock-still at the table, neither eating nor drinking, and staring at them the entire time. I can't help it; it's what I do.

I was genuinely touched by the gifts the Girys had given me, particularly the new quill and inkwell set from Little Meg since my old one is a bit worse for wear. Even Ayesha, my little darling, was in the Christmas spirit and had gifts for everyone. Her gift for me was quite the surprise -- her own original composition. Although to be honest, when I played it on the organ, it sounded strangely like this:



I don't have the heart to tell her...

Your obedient friend,
O.G.

No comments: