17 December 2008

"Quality Time"

Madame Giry is attending a ballet conference in London this week and informed me that this would be a good opportunity for me to share some (as she put it) "quality time" with her daughter. She has never explained exactly why she has recently given great interest in having us "bond," and to be honest, I've been too preoccupied with this Gerik person to give it much thought.

"Find something to do together that you'll both enjoy -- but no reading her detective stories!" she insisted before she left last night. "She's inquisitive enough as it is."

I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do. While I appreciate the art, I am not as educated about ballet as I should be, so unless this "Nutcracker" features Gerik and a ballerina with notoriously bad aim when she kicks, that may not work out for the best.

Perhaps I'll teach her the art of the Punjab lasso.

Your obedient servant,
O.G.

No comments: