24 December 2008

Joyeux Nöel

I found this in an e-mail someone sent me from America:

Photobucket

Merry Christmas to me, indeed!

Christmas, like most holidays, is for people with family and friends. And until recently, I have always felt I had neither -- with the exception of Ayesha and Nadir of course. But now, I feel something akin to companionship with several denizens of the Opera. It's as if my heart grew three sizes today.

The Girys left their gifts for me in Box Five last night. In return, I left them their gifts: for Meg, a free coupon to step in for a suddenly-available prima ballerina role at a performance of her choosing (with at least a day's notice to make the arrangements), and red petticoat for her mother (don't ask). I also have a gift for Ayesha that will hopefully keep her from further ravaging my mannequin. And while I was in a festive mood, I also left a lump of coal in Monsieur André's tophat and gave Carlotta a new atomizer since she threw away the one I gave her that last time. I also acquired this item on eBay as a gift for the Vicomte de Chagny and propped it up outside his bedroom window:

Photobucket

I'm also a bit disappointed that Christine could not share these warm holiday feelings with me since apparently, Monsieur le Vicomte has whisked her away to spend the last fleeting days with her before he joins that celebrity charity trip to New Guinea. I cannot blame him, however. I most likely would have done the same if our roles were reversed. See Dr. Schneider? I am capable of growth!

Joyeux Nöel,
O.G.

No comments: